Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year
Photo by Fortune, c. 2012

Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




Happy New Year!

Farewell to 2009. I don't know about you, but I am happy to put this one to rest and to greet 2010 - and a new decade - with joyful anticipation. And I am relieved that I made it through a year full of challenges, one that demanded that I re-think choices that I have made and develop a new game plan. A year in which some friendships have fallen away and others have deepened. There have been many rewards in the last 12 months and I am thankful for so many things. First and foremost is my family and loved ones, this tribe of colorful people that I belong to and that belong to me. They are my angels of laughter. And my health.

I am excited about this new year and decade. 2010!! It "feels" as though it holds a lot of promise.
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I believe it's as good a lens as any through which to view the world, as long as my feet remained firmly planted on the ground. My goal for the year is to stay in the present moment and not mentally run full of worry into a future that has yet to manifest, to be in a state of grace that allows life to unfold in all its mystery and magic. I think it should be a lot less complicated and infinitely more fun.

My wish for everyone is expansive creativity, unending abundance, vibrant health, love and laughter, safety and the resourcefulness to create the reality we want. May all of our dreams come true and our pockets be overflowing with coins - always, lots and lots of them.

I say special prayer for the many who left us this year and for all those who arrived. May we walk, live and love in peace.

With gratitude
LAFF

1 comment: