Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year
Photo by Fortune, c. 2012

Sunday, October 18, 2009

So, You Sell Cars?

You might find it curious that I sell cars. But trust me, no more curious than I find it. If someone had told me two years ago that I would be living in Oklahoma City and selling cars, the only woman with a bunch of guys, I would have backed away very, very slowly and run screaming in the other direction.

But The Divine has a funny sense of humor or, at the very least, a very colorful sense of the absurd and so here I am living in Oklahoma City, selling cars. I've decided it's some odd right of passage for living here. In Santa Fe, where I lived before OKC, there's a shaman, astrologer or a masseuses on alternating corner; here it's a church, a liquor store and a car dealership.

...Power struggles with your father, men and authority figures are likely in the months ahead—they can teach you something about yourself, even if they are mistaken about your situation...


Skywatch Publications

08 Overview if born Sept, 21-27


What?! Power struggles with male authority figures? Men "mistaken about my situation" teaching me about myself? When I read this a year ago I was completely mystified and bummed at the prospect that it might be even a little bit true. This did not sound like a good time by any stretch of the imagination. But with a year on The Lot under my belt, it is all perfectly clear. It just never in a million years occurred to me that the writer of this insightful message could have possibly meant a bunch of car salesmen. But it's been real and worth the wild learning curve.W


The car business is it's own peculiar culture and everything you have heard is true. But there is so much more. In coming posts I will share with you what I've learned about the car business, what you need to know about buying a car, especially if you are a woman, and other quirky observations. I promise to keep it clean and, for legal reasons, I will change the names...to protect the guilty and the innocent! I can just hear the sighs of relief.


Cheers,

LAFF


Sooners: 13 Longhorns: 16....oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment