Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year
Photo by Fortune, c. 2012

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ashes & Snow-Feather to Fire, C to Sleep

C-Money is an unfettered electrical wire of lean muscle mass, all-teasing frenetic energy, sparkling laughter between air karate chops, basketball dunks, spot-on mimicry and whatever other lightening speed feats of body or mind that erupt forth. C-Money holds comic court. And he is funny, light years beyond a quick wit and consequently somedays very, very tiring. I tell him, "Boy, you must have exhausted your mother."

Today C-Money queried me on my musical preference. "You like all kinds of music, right? Right?" as he blasted a selection of rap from his cell phone. "How 'bout this, LeLe? How 'bout this?" C-Money was bouncing-off-the-ceiling hyper and after ten minutes of dj C, I'd had enough.

"C, watch this." I gave him my cell phone. A few frames into Gregory Colbert's profoundly beautiful Ashes & Snow-Feather to Fire on You Tube he whispered, "Wow, LeLe..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX444hQ5Vo

Six minutes later he was asleep.

from The Lot
LAFF


No comments:

Post a Comment