Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year
Photo by Fortune, c. 2012

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One Noisy Bus Ride


This morning the bus was full of loud, laughing, screaming, testifying women, just'a conversatin'. No quiet, reflective time on the metro this morning. My cell phone even rang a couple of times adding to the ruckus. Floating above the fray were these words...

Eskimos student loans heavy winter coats

bad cars create bad credit

bus routes Jesus bills

trucks & babies & grand babies Christmas!

respect get your money

baby showers weddings baby mamas


They bounced off the bus, their laughter tumbling down the steps before them.

Rolla is looking for a place to stay for a couple of weeks until his rental is ready. He asked if I had an available room. Without missing a beat I explained that I just moved all my stuff out of storage and my house was completely filled until I get things sorted and given away or sold. Otherwise, I'd be happy to help.

And he thinks he's the only one who can tell a smooth untruth. That little white lie rolled off of my tongue like a pad of soft butter down the side of a pile of hot pancakes. Living with a rattle snake would be less hassle than sharing a small space with Rolla!

Cheers
LAFF

No comments:

Post a Comment